Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Cards & Backcountry Bliss

It is Saturday and I'm still sore from a ski trek on Wednesday.  Yikes.  We needed to test the hubby's repaired knee to find out whether he was ready to ski this winter or not.  It went well and we climbed farther than we had originally planned.  It was the coming down that reminded us we have not been resort skiing yet, and our legs weren't quite ready for the descent!  There were a whole lotta leg breaks, but we had fun and gained some confidence that we're not too old and broken to do so!  We continue to be inspired by this die-hard tele skier we see out there almost every time we go.  He looks to be in his 70's or older, and is on oxygen.  He just straps on his tank and goes!  Ya gotta love that!

This is right before our descent.  It was a beautiful sunny day, a bit crusty at the top, but we found some decent powder in the trees toward the bottom.  

I've spent the last several days working on our Christmas cards, both at home and at the store.  I took the idea from the Martha Stewart website.  I really liked the design.  I used a branch that fell off of our Christmas tree and several chunks of juniper from around our house. 
I laid the sprigs over gray-blue cardstock and sprayed over the card with white spray paint.  After they dried, I removed the sprigs and added glitter "berries".  Under the NECESSITY IS THE MOTHER OF ALL INVENTION category, I called a fresh pencil eraser into service to stamp a perfect circle for the glitter.  Worked like a charm, and the eraser still erases! 
Some of the finished product.  
Now I just have to write in them and get them in the mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment