Tuesday, December 6, 2011

So, here I am again. Gonna give this blogging thing another try. I last tried to blog in 2008 while we were building a house. I posted once. Just once. Fabulous. Yay me.

This new blog is tied to my business, The Mad Moose. We have 2 stores: The Mad Moose Fine Mountain Furniture and Accessories and The Mad Moose Home & Garden. I will mostly blog about the latter as that is "my" store. The former being "my husband's store". Believe me, we are involved in both stores nearly equally, but the Home & Garden store is my baby.

The first store is very lodgy and sportsman oriented. We carry log (mostly aspen, some hickory) furniture, and taxidermy. Our kitchen, bed, and bath decor items feature a lot of moose, bear, and elk. The second store is more garden oriented, with an emphasis on cottage style & country chic. I guess you could say it is more feminine. We still have a few moose & bear items, but no taxidermy.

When we opened the 2nd store this summer, my goal was to incorporate some furniture rehabs and upcycled items into the inventory to help show customers how to achieve a shabby chic, cottage style in their own home using our products. Unfortunately, just starting up a 2nd store really stole most of my time. Now that we're in the off season, I hope to spend some more time on my rehabbing and upcycling. The plan is that I will blog about it here, and you can follow the progress of each item from find/pick to it's eventual arrival in the showroom! Some picks go right into the showroom so there won't be much to see! I am in the middle of a rehab project with 2 small matching tables right now. I'll try to post about them soon.

I spent the summer refining my buying and deciding what stays and what goes. We have limited space in the H&G store so we can't waste an inch of it! I really only had one major dog this year which turned out to be the rubber floor mat bases and the interchangeable inserts. They are actually a great product, but since most of my customers are tourists, I think they were just too heavy and bulky for them to take with them. The mats also take up a lot of real estate, so they are ON SALE NOW! Got to get them outta here and make room for something else!

Another thing I have not had the time for this summer that I need to get busy with, is posting H&G items on our website. This too will be coming soon.... I hope.

I hope all of our customers, friends, and countless complete strangers will find some small measure of enjoyment in this blog!

Moosie

No comments:

Post a Comment